This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [01/15] Introduce get_current_arch () function
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, tromey at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:24:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: [01/15] Introduce get_current_arch () function
- References: <200906101826.n5AIQ4sK013668@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>
On Wednesday 10 June 2009 19:26:04, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> Typically, the architecture is consulted to retrieve properties the
> value inherently has, so using the arch used at value creation seems
> correct. ?However, I'm sure there will be places where using a value
> from one arch in the context of another current arch may not work
> quite as expected yet ...
Yeah. Just 'p func($1)' or 'p $2 + 1.1f' are some "simple"
> I didn't attempt to address all these
> issues with the current patch series yet.
You're doing an Herculian job already!