This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch 3/8] Types GC [display_uses_solib_p to exp_iterate]
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 14:09:29 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch 3/8] Types GC [display_uses_solib_p to exp_iterate]
- References: <20090525080157.GC13323@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Jan" == Jan Kratochvil <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Jan> display_uses_solib_p also contained a bug as it ignores objfiles
Jan> references in UNOP_MEMVAL_TLS.
Jan> +exp_iterate (struct expression *exp,
Jan> + case UNOP_IN_RANGE:
Jan> + case UNOP_QUAL:
Jan> + if (exp->language_defn->la_language == language_ada)
Jan> + type = elts[i + 1].type;
I don't think this is ok. Instead, I think this needs a new language
method of some kind, with an Ada-specific implementation that handles
this case. I realize this is more work, but I think it is important
to try to separate out language-specific bits from the core.
Otherwise this seems reasonable to me.