This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [03/19] set_longjmp_breakpoint
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 16:00:39 -0600
- Subject: Re: [03/19] set_longjmp_breakpoint
- References: <200906052115.n55LF2H7027202@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Ulrich" == Ulrich Weigand <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Ulrich> As a side effect, if multiple objfiles provide longjmp, *all*
Ulrich> instances will now get the breakpoint installed -- this may actually
Ulrich> be useful in some circumstances (e.g. multiple SPE images in a Cell/B.E.
This seems reasonable to me, but I am somewhat concerned about
performance. I think this patch means that every "next" will involve
looking up four symbols in every objfile.
Do you know how big an effect this has? Or maybe Paul could try it
on his famous kilo-.so program.
I suppose if that is very slow we could add some kind of per-inferior