This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Fix too many "no debugging symbols found" warnings.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 14:34:28 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Fix too many "no debugging symbols found" warnings.
- References: <20090523232414.BED2B846C2@localhost> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Doug" == Doug Evans <email@example.com> writes:
Eli> There's also a possibility to make this a tristate option instead of a
Eli> simple boolean one. ÂAfter all, it's quite possible that development
Eli> snapshots of GDB were available on several GNU/Linux distros for some
Eli> time, and so the argument of "new in GDB 7.0" is not necessarily
Eli> strong enough.
Doug> One thought I had was off/executable/on, [or whatever choices
Doug> one prefers] but I discounted it as not being acceptable. If
Doug> that's what y'all want, I'll resubmit another patch that does it
Doug> that way.
I also prefer the shorter, more generic name. Perhaps we'll want to
add more values here later.
The code changes look good to me.