This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfc] Eliminate duplicated logic with decimal operations
- From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 11:27:31 -0300
- Subject: Re: [rfc] Eliminate duplicated logic with decimal operations
- References: <200905141132.n4EBWMrT030112@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>
Em Qui, 2009-05-14 Ãs 13:32 +0200, Ulrich Weigand escreveu:
> The patch below removes steps 2 and 3 and only keeps the first
> conversion to decNumber. This applies to both decimal_binop and
> Thiago, any thoughts on this? Do you agree that those conversions
> are unnecessary?
Thanks for this improvement! I agree with you, those are silly
> Tested on powerpc64-linux with no regressions.
Silly question: you ran the testsuite with a DFP-capable compiler
dfp-exprs.exp has promotion tests, so your patch is certainly good.
Thiago Jung Bauermann
IBM Linux Technology Center