This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Process record and replay checked in to main trunk
- From: Hui Zhu <teawater at gmail dot com>
- To: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>, Marc Khouzam <marc dot khouzam at ericsson dot com>, Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>, Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>, Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:59:30 +0800
- Subject: Process record and replay checked in to main trunk
Process record and replay make gdb can record inferior execute log and
replay (include reverse debug).
Now, it support I386-Linux single-thread single-inferior native debug.
It was checked in today.
Thanks for evey people that spent time on process record. Precord
can't be a part of gdb without your help. Thank you very much. :)
And precord still has a long way to go. There have a lot of thing need to do:
1. Support i386 more better. Now, precord doesn't support mmx insns,
support fp insns not very well and doesn't support a lot of insns.
2. Support more arches. X86-64 is the first one (linux-record.c).
MIPS, ARM and so on.
3. Support memory free better. Now, precord just can output a warning
for memumap. It can do nothing when there is a sys_brk to free the
I had make a patch to output a warning when there is a sys_brk to free
the memory and make a plan to make precord can support free memory.
I will keep work on it.
4. Support multi-thread and multi-inferior.
I remember Pedro make a patch for reverse debug resume. I think we
need this patch when multi-inferior check in.
5. Make record speed up and need less memory.
I have made a plan to make p record doesn't record execution log of
some functions (It can set), for example some functions in glibc.
6. Make execution log can dump out to be a file and can replay for next time.
Maybe it can make together with coredump support. It must be a cool
Guys, please work on it if you interesting with some of them. And
feel free tell me your ideas and comments. It will help precord a