This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [Bug symtab/8367] [RFA] performance improvement of lookup_partial_symtab
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Jerome Guitton <guitton at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 12:57:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Bug symtab/8367] [RFA] performance improvement of lookup_partial_symtab
- References: <20090114174542.GM84382@adacore.com> <20090115094511.GB80710@adacore.com>
> > 2009-01-14 Jerome Guitton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > * symtab.c (lookup_partial_symtab): When looking up an absolute path
> > in the partial symtabs, compare the base names before checking the
> > full names.
We're only 3.5 months late reviewing this patch :-(... This looks OK
to me. I verified that this cannot create behavior changes due to
find_and_open_source returning a fullname with a different basename
(for instance if the source file was actually a link to another source
file): openp only canonicalizes the directory portion of the fullname.
So I think this is reasonable. Please go ahead and commit.