This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: Support DW_TAG_entry_point
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GDB <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 23:10:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFC: Support DW_TAG_entry_point
- References: <20090320220041.GA26894@lucon.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> HJ> I have a patch to support DW_TAG_entry_point.
> I don't really understand most of this patch; perhaps someone more
> familiar with dwarf2read.c could review it.
I started reviewing it a while ago, but never got to the end of it.
> HJ> + /* A DW_TAG_subprogram DIE may have DW_TAG_entry_point DIEs
> HJ> + as children. */
> HJ> + if (pdi->tag == DW_TAG_subprogram
> HJ> + && pdi->has_children
> HJ> + && pdi->die_child
> HJ> + && pdi->die_child->tag == DW_TAG_entry_point)
> HJ> + scan_partial_symbols (pdi->die_child, lowpc, highpc, cu);
> This looks strange to me. IIUC, there's no requirement that
> DW_TAG_entry_point be the first child.
That was my main observation at the time.