This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Fix compilation failure in parse_escape
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:17:50 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Fix compilation failure in parse_escape
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Eli> I think this happens because host_char_to_target sets its target_c
Eli> argument only under certain conditions. Is the following patch the
Eli> right fix?
Eli> 2009-04-15 Eli Zaretskii <email@example.com>
Eli> * utils.c (parse_escape): Initialize target_char to pacify GCC.
Any value (not just -2) is ok here because it will always be overwritten.
Add a comment explaining that the initialization is to avoid a
warning -- we do this in other places. Ok with that.