This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Python pretty-printing [1/6]
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 12:42:19 -0600
- Subject: Re: Python pretty-printing [1/6]
- References: <email@example.com> <20090407182431.GA7535@adacore.com>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> +#ifdef PYTHONDIR
>> + PyModule_AddStringConstant (gdb_module, "pythondir", PYTHONDIR);
>> + if (gdb_datadir)
>> + PyModule_AddStringConstant (gdb_module, "datadir", gdb_datadir);
Joel> Can we change that, for instance by assuming that we always have
Joel> PYTHONDIR, and that by default, configure will set to the datadir?
This code is gone from the latest revision of the patch.
We don't actually need the pythondir stuff until we have a library of
Python code installed with gdb, and this patch series doesn't add that.
But, yes, I think we can clean this up when the time comes.
Joel> I was going to comment on the ..._RELOCATABLE macro, but I see that
Joel> we're already using that idiom for at least the system gdbinit file.
Yeah. I cleaned all this up a bit in the latest patch as well. That
is, I unified almost all of the cut-and-pasted code.