This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Support for shared libraries on default ARM targets
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Tim Oberg <toberg at qualcomm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Jojoy Kuriakose <jojoyk at qualcomm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 14:06:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: Support for shared libraries on default ARM targets
- References: <200811111852.mABIqwL4003642@swiftly.qualcomm.com>
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 11:52:58AM -0700, Tim Oberg wrote:
> This is a change to allow the default ARM targets to support shared
> libraries using "Xfer:libraries:read:". It will not overwrite shared
> library handling for ARM targets that already specify shared library
> handling. It adds solib.o and solib-target.o to the ARM targets that
> don't have it in configure.tgt. In arm-tdep.c it registers the default
> shared library handler. ABI-specific code will then have a chance to
> override the shared library support.
My two cents: it would be better to find a non-ARM-specific solution
to this issue. One I've been considering is support for multiple
solib_ops at the same time. Then we could unconditionally enable
solib-target.o, and any target implementing it would seamlessly take
advantage of that.