This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] output remote protocol timestamps with "set debug remote"
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:45:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] output remote protocol timestamps with "set debug remote"
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 06:50:28PM +0000, Pedro Alves wrote:
> I'm making use of this:
> /* Debugging level. 0 is off, and non-zero values mean to print some debug
> information (higher values, more information). */
> extern int remote_debug;
> ... to enable timestamps, you do "set debug remote 2". level 1
> still outputs the same as usual.
It's such a good idea, that it's already there :-) "set debug
timestamp". However, I'd never tried it with remote; it clearly
does not work right for multiple printf calls in a single debugging
message. I'd suggest fixing that, instead.
1227044669:904148 Sending packet: 1227044669:904155 $1227044669:904161
q1227044669:904166 S1227044669:904172 y1227044669:904177
m1227044669:904182 b1227044669:904188 o1227044669:904193
l1227044669:904198 :1227044669:904205 :1227044669:904211
#1227044669:904217 51227044669:904222 b1227044669:904228