This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfc] Fix PR 2250 - multithreaded single-step problems in all-stop mode
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: pedro at codesourcery dot com (Pedro Alves)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, drow at false dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:56:22 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [rfc] Fix PR 2250 - multithreaded single-step problems in all-stop mode
Pedro Alves wrote:
> On Friday 14 November 2008 21:04:18, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> > Does this look right? If there are no objections, I'm planning
> > on committing this in a couple of days.
> I like this a lot.
Thanks for looking over the patch!
I've checked this in now.
> Hmm, speaking of things that aren't cleared properly in all
> threads when we are going to start a proceed, shouldn't the
> things cleared in init_thread_stepping_state be cleared
> in clear_proceed_status_thread instead? E.g.,
> step_after_step_resume_breakpoint, etc.
Yes, it would appear everything except setting current_line
and current_symtab (which depend on prev_pc) should really
be cleared in clear_proceed_status_thread ... I'll come
up with an add-on patch.
B.t.w. what about init_execution_control_state? This seems to
be nowhere called ...
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE