This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] [patch] 'info symbol' to print more info
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: ppluzhnikov at google dot com (Paul Pluzhnikov)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, ppluzhnikov at google dot com
- Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 00:54:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFA] [patch] 'info symbol' to print more info
- References: <20081114204617.A4A533A6B15@localhost>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> Cc: email@example.com
> Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:46:17 -0800 (PST)
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Paul Pluzhnikov)
> Attached patch results in:
> (gdb) maint translate-address 0x2aaaac1f5880
> exit+0 section .text in /usr/lib64/libc.so.6
> (gdb) info symbol 0x2aaaac1f5880
> exit in section .text of /usr/lib64/libc.so.6
> Regtested on x86_64 with no failures.
> Ok to commit?
Thanks, that's a nice feature. Please also fix the places in the
manual where these two commands are described.