This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFA: attach to a PID using a different exec
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches\ at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:40:13 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: attach to a PID using a different exec
- References: <email@example.com> <491C9D75.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Snyder <email@example.com> writes:
Michael> No way should we do this without asking.
Michael> It's just as possible that the first file was the one
Michael> the user wanted, and the one attached to was a mistake.
It does ask, at least if the current exec has debug symbols:
(gdb) attach 16970
Attaching to program: /home/tromey/gnu/git-gdb/build/gdb/gdb, process 16970
Load new symbol table from "/home/tromey/gnu/archer/build/gdb/gdb"? (y or n)
I suppose it could ask something more specific, though.