This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Convenience functions
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Rob Quill <rob dot quill at gmail dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:42:33 -0700
- Subject: Re: Convenience functions
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20081023134150.GA21234@caradoc.them.org> <email@example.com> <20081104222314.GB5391@caradoc.them.org>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Jacobowitz <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Thiago> The upside is that this will help focus the python submissions to
Thiago> enabling a useful functionality as soon as possible. The downside (or
Thiago> maybe it's not a downside at all) is that a scope checking feature is
Thiago> being asked by users, so it would mean that such python script would
Thiago> preferably be shipped in GDB releases...
Daniel> Yes - we've got to get the mechanism to do that in place anyway.
If you mean the "shipping python script" functionality, I'm hoping to
piggyback on the part of SÃrgio's syscall work that deal with datadir.
Thiago, just FYI, this is one patch we may have to pull from trunk to
the python branch.