This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 3/4] 'catch syscall' feature -- XML support part
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: Sérgio Durigan Júnior <sergiodj at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 17:22:25 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/4] 'catch syscall' feature -- XML support part
- References: <1225773086.24532.55.camel@miki> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 11:19:36PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=E9rgio?= Durigan =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FAnior?= <email@example.com>
> > Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 02:31:26 -0200
> > This is the part which adds XML support for the "catch syscall" feature.
> > I decided to put the architecture's XML files here too, so that the
> > architecture-independent part does not grow too much.
> Is the list of syscalls and their numbers kernel version dependent?
> If it is, how will we go about maintaining these files?
Fortunately, it is not. There are some exceptions in vendor-provided
kernels, but there is a very strong incentive to not reuse or adjust