This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Share the shared library list between inferiors
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:29:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Share the shared library list between inferiors
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 11:29:04PM +0000, Pedro Alves wrote:
> There are several ways to skin this cat. This one seemed like
> the smallest, most extensible and malleable one from GDB's side, because
> it doesn't cast to stone any new protocol extension --- which may
> prove limited to some systems (some memory regions shared, others not;
> some shared but visible at different addresses in different
> inferiors/cores, etc.). I was hoping we'd cross that bridge when
> we start seeing those systems reporting multi process support
> to GDB.
> What do people think about this?
I have one request. Could you expand the comment to mention the other
properties you're associating with this flag?
Global breakpoints and a single common target description don't
obviously follow from "global shared library list".