This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Implement -thread-info.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Nick Roberts <nickrob at snap dot net dot nz>
- Cc: Vladimir Prus <vladimir at codesourcery dot com>, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 12:22:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Implement -thread-info.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20080226005822.GA3346@caradoc.them.org> <email@example.com>
On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 04:55:55PM +1200, Nick Roberts wrote:
> With non-stop mode there will presumably be many new MI commands. Providing
> the same functionality in CLI duplicates a lot of effort. Perhaps the parsing
> of MI and CLI arguments should be unified.
I don't think there will be many new commands and the user model is
probably different - the logical way to expose things to a front end
and to an end user may not be the same.
In any case, an argv version of the CLI command interface is something
I've wanted for a long time, but it's a lot of work.