This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Pending breakpoints
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Nick Roberts <nickrob at snap dot net dot nz>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:46:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: Pending breakpoints
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 09:14:23AM +1300, Nick Roberts wrote:
> (gdb) nosharedlibrary
> (gdb) info break
> Num Type Disp Enb Address What
> 1 breakpoint keep y <PENDING>
> and the last "info break" no longer says what the breakpoint is for. I don't
> really know when you would unload the shared library, in practice, but I think
> this line should look like the first output from "info break", i.e., include
I agree that this is wrong.
> The patch below does that. It's a bit of a guess, though, and I've not run
> the testuite.
Seems good to me. We do the same in print_one_breakpoint_location.
The patch is OK with a changelog and a full test run.
Even better would be to discard locations when we shlib_disable a
breakpoint, and get rid of the shlib_disable flag. But doing that may
require that we get rid of shared libraries when we're supposed to.