This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Fix crash when setting solib-search-path
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Vladimir Prus <vladimir at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 09:54:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fix crash when setting solib-search-path
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:46:22AM +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> + /* Creating inferior hooks here has two purposes. First, if we reload
> + shared libraries then the address of solib breakpoint we've computed
> + previously might be no longer valid. For example, if we forgot to set
> + solib-absolute-prefix and are setting it right now, then the previous
> + breakpoint address is plain wrong. Second, installing solib hooks
> + also implicitly figures were ld.so is and loads symbols for it.
> + Absent this call, if we've just connected to a target and set
> + solib-absolute-prefix or solib-search-path, we'll lose all information
> + about ld.so. */
of the solib breakpoint, if the user forgot, figures out where ld.so
> + Issue #2465
> + * release-notes-csl.xm: Describe change.
Lose this :-)
> + * solib.c (reload_shared_libraries): Give
> + inferior a chance to reset solib breakpoint.
> + Reinit frame cache.