This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Remove ignoring leading exec events code.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Vladimir Prus <vladimir at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:06:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Remove ignoring leading exec events code.
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:12:31PM +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> GDB has some code to handle a case where target reports more
> that one exec event when execing. However, it turns out that
> all target say that exactly one event is reported, and
> therefore that code is of no use. The comments for that code
> is dated 2002-12-05 and mentions HP-UX, which I presume had this
> bug fixed. Even if some new target appears with the same bug,
> as the comment say, it's better to handle this in target_wait,
> not in the generic infrun code.