This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] "continue" after "attach" fails on sparc64-solaris
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 14:11:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFA] "continue" after "attach" fails on sparc64-solaris
- References: <20080201181237.GA20356@adacore.com> <20080307184121.GB3892@adacore.com>
On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 10:41:21AM -0800, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> This one is relatively straightforward, I think. I could commit it
> in a week or so unless there are objections, but I am afraid that
> it might be priviledge abuse (and I welcome feedback). Since it's
> been out for review for a while, I'll wait another week before
> checking it in. But do let me know if I'm abusing my priviledges.
If anything I think you're underabusing them - we asked you to be a
global maintainer because we trusted your judgement :-)
> > I fixed the problem by implementing a suggestion to use the AT_BASE
> > attributed, but as it turns out, this was only good enough for sparc32.
> > As far as I can tell, the auxilliary data obtained when running a 64bit
> > app looks screwed. So we still have the same problem on sparc64.
This was what threw me off an immediate reply. I doubt the kernel's
got a bug like this, since Solaris tools use the auxv data. So we
must have an error when reading it. Maybe the format is different
than we expect (32-bit vs 64-bit fields)?
Otherwise the patch looks fine.