This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC add "convenience functions" to gdb
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:14:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFC add "convenience functions" to gdb
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <email@example.com> writes:
Tom> For quite a while now I've wanted to be able to make a breakpoint
Tom> conditional on the current frame's caller. I was never able to think
Tom> of a way to do this.
Of course, after sending this, I remembered that Roland told me how,
by setting multiple breakpoints and having the breakpoint in the outer
frame set a convenience variable.
I never remember this when actually debugging, though. And, I think
convenience functions will have other uses. So, please consider the
patch even though my example was a bad one.