This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [OB] pointer ref, m2-typeprint.c
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: msnyder at sonic dot net
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:43:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: [OB] pointer ref, m2-typeprint.c
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ooh thanks, that seems to have fixed attachments.
On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 05:37:03PM -0700, email@example.com wrote:
> CHECK_TYPEDEF (type);
> - code = TYPE_CODE (type);
Coverity's software is a tool, not a goal, and it's no substitute for
knowing what the code is doing. Please stop moving things around just
to make it happy. If the second line I quoted could crash, the first
line definitely will; so if TYPE can really be NULL here, we should
fix it properly (instead of this change, which removes the helpful
notice that something is wrong :-).