This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PING 2] [rfc]: Framework for looking up multiply defined global symbols in shared libraries
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Markus Deuling <deuling at de dot ibm dot com>, GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>, Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>, eliz at gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:34:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PING 2] [rfc]: Framework for looking up multiply defined global symbols in shared libraries
- References: <email@example.com> <200706281244.l5SCigKr023030@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>
> It's up to Eli to approve NEWS entries, but it has been my
> understanding that NEWS should be about user-visible features, not
> internal infrastructure changes. I'd reword to this something like:
> "When looking up multiply-defined global symbols, GDB will now prefer
> the symbol definition in the current shared library if it was built
> using the -Bsymbolic linker option."
I personally agree.