This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfc/rfa] [4/4] SPU enhancements: GDB/MI extensions
- From: Jim Blandy <jimb at codesourcery dot com>
- To: matinata at br dot ibm dot com
- Cc: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, eliz at gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:53:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: [rfc/rfa] [4/4] SPU enhancements: GDB/MI extensions
- References: <200706142004.l5EK4vTO021141@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com> <1182392605.4974.58.camel@rmm-tp>
If I understand right, many components of Eclipse are moving towards
using the "Versatile Hierarchy" facility, which seems to be a general
mechanism for displaying structured information. I don't understand
the details very well, but would it be useful to have an XML- or
MI-like form for describing hierarchies that Eclipse could just
display without understanding the details much? GDB could stay
ignorant of the details; it would simply pass through XML received
directly from the target.
That XML could be annotated to connect it with things GDB does know
about, like SPEs, threads, and the like.