This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: For example only, updated Windows DLL support and gdbserver DLL support
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at sourceware dot org>
- To: Pedro Alves <pedro_alves at portugalmail dot pt>, Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:07:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: For example only, updated Windows DLL support and gdbserver DLL support
- References: <20070618150816.GA24037@caradoc.them.org>
On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 11:08:16AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>Here's the latest version of my Windows support patch to go with the
>previous shared library event support. Most of this is originally
>Pedro's work. It includes native GDB and remote gdbserver support,
>and also fixes a bug in native support where symbols for shared
>libraries were not being loaded.
I have no objections to this with two exceptions:
- You use #ifdef __CYGWIN__ . That would be the only place in the file
where that is used. I don't see any reason for this unless your patch
is also going to allow native Windows support. If that is the case,
then maybe that part should be provided separately.
- You seemed to have gratuitously pulled out the code which deals with
cygwin exceptions into a separate function. I don't think this has
anything to do with solibs and probably shouldn't be part of any