This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfc] Remove macro DEPRECATED_EXTRACT_STRUCT_VALUE_ADDRES
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl (Mark Kettenis)
- Cc: deuling at de dot ibm dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 01:07:02 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [rfc] Remove macro DEPRECATED_EXTRACT_STRUCT_VALUE_ADDRES
Mark Kettenis wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:19:11 +0200
> > From: Markus Deuling <email@example.com>
> > Hello,
> > this patch removes DEPRECATED_EXTRACT_STRUCT_VALUE_ADDRES from gdbarch.sh. This macro hasn't been
> > used anywhere anymore. Build and tested on x86.
> > ChangeLog:
> > * gdbarch.sh (DEPRECATED_EXTRACT_STRUCT_VALUE_ADDRES): Remove.
> > * gdbarch.c, gdbarch.h: Regenerate.
> > Is this ok to commit ?
> Last time I looked, there was still stuff using this. Are you sure?
There is no *caller* of this gdbarch callback left anywhere.
However, a number of targets (sh/sh64/frv/ia64) still install this
callback. Those functions are all dead code now, and should be
removed as well.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE