This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [1/3] Remove gdbarch-swapping of remote_address_masked
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: jimb at codesourcery dot com (Jim Blandy)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:14:51 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [1/3] Remove gdbarch-swapping of remote_address_masked
Jim Blandy wrote:
> It seems to me that this makes the remoteaddresssize setting behave
> much like language settings: there's 'auto (currently blargh)' and
Yes, that was the intent.
> To be honest, I don't think it's worthwhile making this
> variable actually behave that way.
Well, we have to change *something* so we can remove the
gdbarch_swap call. This change seemed the most straight-
forward to me ... How would you suggest the variable
> I don't even want to know what it was added for.
Well, me neither ;-)
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE