This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [2/10] Remove &builtin_type_ from tdep code (amd64/s390/sparc64)
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, Vladimir Prus <vladimir at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:14:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: [2/10] Remove &builtin_type_ from tdep code (amd64/s390/sparc64)
- References: <200706082314.l58NEw7j016615@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>
On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 01:14:58AM +0200, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> a number of platforms (amd64, s390, sparc64) were using a global data
> structure containing pointers to types describing the register types.
> This is broken if those types need to be platform-specific.
> The following patch removes those global data structures, and converts
> the affected architectures to simply return the types dynamically from
> the register_type callback, as all other platforms do as well.
In-flight collision warning: the m68k ColdFire patch may reintroduce an
occurance of this, for the long double type.