This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[0/3] Remove deprecated_register_gdbarch_swap
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 01:22:10 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: [0/3] Remove deprecated_register_gdbarch_swap
assuming that the following patch sets are applied:
Clean up built-in types:
there are only two gdbarch-swapped data variables remaining:
- remote_address_masked in remote.c
- stop_registers in infrun.c
Fortunately those two seem relatively straightforward to eliminate,
so this is what the following small patch set does:
[1/3] Remove gdbarch-swapping of remote_address_masked
[2/3] Remove gdbarch-swapping of stop_registers
[3/3] Remove deprecated_register_gdbarch_swap infrastructure
Once this patch set is in place, it will finally be safe to
maintain multiple active gdbarch structures at the same time.
I've tested the combination of this patch set on top of all
the patches referred to above on i386-linux, powerpc64-linux,
s390-ibm-linux, s390x-ibm-linux, and spu-elf.
I'd appreciate any comments on this patch set.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE