This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfc][4/13] Eliminate read_register: read_register in deprecated_mips_set_processor_regs_hack
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 13:27:56 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: [rfc][4/13] Eliminate read_register: read_register in deprecated_mips_set_processor_regs_hack
- References: <200706072058.l57KwV3u019800@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>
On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> one more weird global register access in a tdep file:
> deprecated_mips_set_processor_regs_hack in mips-tdep.c.
This register is read-only, so it does not matter which copy you read.
> (Not sure if this is still required, or if it could be replaced by
> the new XML register mechanism ...)
Well, if the latter provides similar means. I have extensive changes
pending for deprecated_mips_set_processor_regs_hack() and this access
definitely has to stay.