This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Cleanup target memory reading
- From: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- To: ghost at cs dot msu dot su
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:30:37 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Cleanup target memory reading
- References: <email@example.com>
> From: Vladimir Prus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:55:57 +0400
> at the moment, pretty much every read of target memory goes via
> target_read_memory, and then via xfer_using_stratum.
> The only exception is the get_target_memory_unsigned function, which calls
> target_read function. It's the only use of 'target_read'.
> The attached patch removes target_read, and makes get_target_memory_unsigned
> use target_read_memory.
Shouldn't we "fix" target_read() such that it uses