This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] mips, eabi64, addr_bit == 32
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- Cc: msnyder at redhat dot com, brobecker at adacore dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, fnf at specifics dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:29:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFA] mips, eabi64, addr_bit == 32
- References: <447E25F0.email@example.com> <200606172314.k5HNEeqM013325@elgar.sibelius.xs4all.nl>
On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 01:14:40AM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> Is this patch still on the table? It looks highly suspicious to me.
> I mean, you have 64-bit pointers, but 32-bit addresses?
> Shouldn't we just fix GCC to emit the correct debug info?
I think the debug information is reasonable. But in any case, I agree
that this isn't the right fix - I pointed out Jim's old patch for the
same issue; I'd rather someone updated that.