This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Interpret DW_TAG_unspecified_type as void
- From: Jim Blandy <jimb at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Daniel Jacobowitz <dan at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:42:31 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Interpret DW_TAG_unspecified_type as void
- References: <448969B2.email@example.com>
Julian Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This is part of a series of patches from a CodeSourcery branch which
> enable the output of ARM's RVCT 2.2 compiler to be debugged with gdb.
> This patch handles the C/C++ interpretation of the DWARF 3 construct
> DW_TAG_unspecified_type as void. This is used in representing
> e.g. pointer-to-void types. Other languages will currently be handled
> in exactly the same way; though I'm not entirely sure if that's a
> sensible default, I don't know what would be better. (Re: section 5.2
> of the DWARF 3 doc.)
> Tested natively on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu and cross to arm-none-eabi
> with no change in results. Tests against the ARM compiler are improved
> OK to apply?
Yes, this looks fine --- thanks!
If the change was written by Daniel, and you're merging it on his
behalf, I think our practice is to use a ChangeLog entry like this:
2006-06-12 Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com>
* dwarf2read.c (read_unspecified_type): New function.
(read_type_die): Handle DW_TAG_unspecified_type.
(Committed by Julian Brown.)