This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH/RFA] buildsym.c: extend parent block bounds if child block exceed limit
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: David Lecomber <david at streamline-computing dot com>
- Cc: patches <gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:04:53 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFA] buildsym.c: extend parent block bounds if child block exceed limit
- References: <1091826690.3932.33.camel@localhost>
On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:11:30PM +0100, David Lecomber wrote:
> f90 compiled with nested subroutines using Intel's compiler is handled
> badly by GDB. Line numbers are not found by backtrace.
> Although GDB is capable of reading out all the dwarf2 line information
> inside this routine correctly, it can't look up an address to get a line
> number when inside a block. The cause is that the containing function's
> block does not contain the contained function's address.
Could you post the output of readelf -wil on this binary?