This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix remote simulator stdio/stderr callbacks
- From: Andrew Cagney <cagney at gnu dot org>
- To: fnf at ninemoons dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:15:18 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix remote simulator stdio/stderr callbacks
- References: <email@example.com>
There seems to be two problems with the current callbacks in remote-sim.c:
(1) The callback to write out the target stderr data writes to the stdtarg
(stdout) stream instead of the stdtargerr (stderr) stream.
(2) The callback to flush the target stderr data actually flushes a completely
different stream that the one that the stderr data was written to.
Am I missing something obvious?
I don't think so - gdb_stdtarg* were added for fileio.
No one thought to update the simulator to use that same mechanism,
thanks for doing this.
I think the problem was masked by the
> fact that normally gdb_stdtarg and gdb_stdtargerr are the same as
Also included is a minor tweak to group the gdb_stdtarg declaration
with the other gdb_stdtarg* declarations.
Not included in the patch is an update to the file copyright years,
which I will include when the changes are checked in, if approved.