This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] auxv support
- From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz at elta dot co dot il>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:01:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] auxv support
- References: <200401290820.i0T8KRZ7001876@magilla.sf.frob.com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at elta dot co dot il>
> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 00:20:27 -0800
> From: Roland McGrath <email@example.com>
> Where does the description belong? I tried to follow the model of `info
> udot' and `info dcache', which seem similar in general flavor of topic.
> But these I cannot find documented anywhere.
Darn! more undocumented commands! Thanks for pointing this out.
> Perhaps it should just be a new section in @chapter Examining Data?
Yes, that'd be my line of reasoning as well.
In general, the partition of the GDB manual into chapters leaves a
lot to be desired, but until now no one has come up with a good
suggestion to restructure it. Ideas welcome.
> How about this?
Thanks, I'm happy with this patch. Pwerhaps just point the user to a
man page or an Info file, if any, where the system-specific details
of the displayed infor could be found.