This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] synchronize readline w/ official patches
- From: mec dot gnu at mindspring dot com (Michael Elizabeth Chastain)
- To: ezannoni at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 01:50:30 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] synchronize readline w/ official patches
I gave this a whirl on hp-ux 11.11. It built with gcc, hpcc, and hpacc.
I ran the test suite before and after with the gcc-built version,
using hpcc/hpacc for the target compilers. Worked fine.
2004-01-26 Elena Zannoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Merge in official patches to readline-4.3 from
NOTE: Patch-ID readline-43-004 was already applied (see below).
* bind.c (rl_generic_bind): Pressing certain key sequences
causes an infinite loop in _rl_dispatch_subseq with the `key' argument
set to 256. This eventually causes bash to exceed the stack size
limit and crash with a segmentation violation.
* readline.c (_rl_dispatch_subseq): Repeating an edit in
vi-mode with `.' does not work.
* mbutil.c (_rl_get_char_len, _rl_compare_chars,
_rl_adjust_point): When in a locale with multibyte characters, the
readline display updater will occasionally cause a
segmentation fault when attempting to compute the length of the first
multibyte character on the line.
* vi_mode.c (_rl_vi_change_mbchar_case): Using the vi editing
mode's case-changing commands in a locale with multibyte characters
will cause garbage characters to be inserted into the editing buffer.