This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch/rfc/testsuite] Fix read-only fileio test on GNU/Linux
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:46:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch/rfc/testsuite] Fix read-only fileio test on GNU/Linux
- References: <3FF9C291.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
On Jan 5 15:01, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> I think this deserves a "how did this ever work" award :-)
> The file was being created writeable (the S_IWUSR flag passed to open())
> so little wonder GNU/Linux allowed an open-write (causing the test to
> fail) and who knows how/who this worked on BSD and remote systems.
> Tested on BSD and GNU/Linux. Baring comment I'll commit in a day or so.
It's late but nevertheless, thanks. I compared with my original sources
from end of 2002 in which I used just S_IRUSR. I'm still wondering why
and when I added S_IWUSR before submitting this patch to FSF. Oh boy...
Red Hat, Inc.