This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] auxv support via xfer_partial, for core files and /proc
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Cagney <cagney at gnu dot org>, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:16:30 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] auxv support via xfer_partial, for core files and /proc
> This could be an independent patch, couldn't it? In the interest of
> progress, you may wish to submit it separately. Of course it would
> have to come after rather than before... so maybe not.
Yes, yes, and yes (no).
> The configury is already there, FYI. Grep for HAVE_PREAD64 in linux-proc.c.
I know. When I said "didn't bother", I meant "didn't bother". Ten more
lines of #ifdef-heavy splort in a function that only needs to be ten lines
total, to avoid an lseek call that won't ever be made in reality.