This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfa/testsuite/stabs] weird.exp: skip hp
- From: Elena Zannoni <ezannoni at redhat dot com>
- To: mec dot gnu at mindspring dot com (Michael Elizabeth Chastain)
- Cc: ezannoni at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:37:11 -0500
- Subject: Re: [rfa/testsuite/stabs] weird.exp: skip hp
- References: <20040107213133.4B8C34B35A@berman.michael-chastain.com>
Michael Elizabeth Chastain writes:
> This patch fixes weird.exp so that it skips properly on hp-ux.
> The old code looked at the CC environment variable. The new code looks
> at hp_cc_compiler and hp_aCC_compiler.
> This isn't perfect, because we really want to test for the HP assembler,
> not the HP compiler. If someone is using an HP compiler then of course
> they are using the HP assembler. But if someone is using gcc with the
> HP assembler (which is not recommended on hp-ux), then the test script
> is going to execute.
> If I detect hp_cc_compiler or hp_aCC_compiler, I issue one UNSUPPORTED
> message and skip the test script.
> I also fixed the copyright years by adding years where patches were
> committed to this file on cvs HEAD. I could do this as a separate
> patch if you want.
> Tested on:
> native i686-pc-linux-gnu, gcc 2.95.3 3.3.2 HEAD, dwarf-2 and stabs+
> native hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11, hp ansi c
> Okay to commit?
> Michael C
> 2004-01-07 Michael Chastain <email@example.com>
> * gdb.stabs/weird.exp: Use hp_cc_compiler and hp_aCC_compiler
> to test for hp-ux assembler. Fix copyright years.