This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH: gdb/mi] -stack-list-locals testcase
- From: mec dot gnu at mindspring dot com (Michael Elizabeth Chastain)
- To: cagney at gnu dot org, nick at nick dot uklinux dot net
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:12:38 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH: gdb/mi] -stack-list-locals testcase
Line number differences say that gdb stopped on a different line.
Sometimes this is legal gdb behavior, and sometimes it indicates
a problem in gdb or in the debug output of gcc or in the interface
between the two.
Someone has to look closely at the gdb.log and decide which line
number(s) are legal to stop on. If gdb stops on a different line
number than it's supposed to, that is a bug, and it gets a FAIL
or a KFAIL or an XFAIL.