This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Incorrect DWARF-2 register numbers on PPC64?
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at desire dot geoffk dot org>
- To: cagney at gnu dot org
- Cc: kettenis at chello dot nl, dje at watson dot ibm dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:17:26 -0800
- Subject: Re: Incorrect DWARF-2 register numbers on PPC64?
- References: <OFEA5CA921.302AEEB5-ON41256E00.005FB141@de.ibm.com> <200312182258.hBIMwgT25422@makai.watson.ibm.com> <200312201527.hBKFRHgI000712@elgar.kettenis.dyndns.org> <3FF5A069.email@example.com>
> Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 11:46:33 -0500
> From: Andrew Cagney <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I'd ignore GDB here. I think GCC, for the 64-bit SvR4 PPC ABI, should
> use the correct numbers. If that means GDB tweaks, so be it.
I agree with this. I'd even agree with changing the 32-bit numbering
to be more correct. As I said elsewhere, there may be trouble with
exception handling, but even then I'd support changing the numbers of
registers that aren't caller-saved, to make GCC as correct as
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>