This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch/rfc] Remove all setup_xfail's from testsuite/gdb.mi/
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: fnasser at redhat dot com
- Cc: ac131313 at redhat dot com, drow at mvista dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:00:03 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch/rfc] Remove all setup_xfail's from testsuite/gdb.mi/
Good morning xfail crew,
There are a lot of xfail's in the corpus, but the number is shrinking
steadily with time.
% cd testsuite
% grep -r setup_xfail gdb.* | wc
After sleeping on the problem, I like Daniel J's path for a while.
Just keep banging on the test suite and reducing that "517" number with
no more machinery and no Andrew C Big Rip. After we kill a bunch more
of them then we can do some kind of Big Rip or new visual markings for
the legitimate ones.
> Just one note: there are cases where the XFAIL is produced by a 'xfail'
> command inside a '-re' clause.
I count 26 of those in HEAD%20030115.
> The case for debugger format and compiler version is so common that I
> would feel tempted to have a special function for that.
The trouble is that you wind up with various boolean combinations,
such as a test that xfail's with either gcc v2 stabs or icc+blah.
I think the real issue is that we have to specify and document which
compilers that the gdb test suite supports.