This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: C++ overloadin fixes and a type "char" tweak
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- To: drow at mvista dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:26:52 -0600
- Subject: Re: RFC: C++ overloadin fixes and a type "char" tweak
Daniel J writes:
> Yep, thanks for pointing out the PR. You can't actually use
> TYPE_UNSIGNED and TYPE_LENGTH; int -> long requires a promotion even if
> they're the same size. Such is life in C++-ville.
I realized that a couple of hours after I wrote my suggested fix.
> I'll give it another couple of days in case anyone has a comment about
> the way I special-case "char".
I'll have some test bed time for this patch in about 12-24 hours.
It fixes a real bug so I should make some time to test it.