This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: your stabsread patch
- From: "Peter.Schauer" <Peter dot Schauer at regent dot e-technik dot tu-muenchen dot de>
- To: dmj+ at andrew dot cmu dot edu (Daniel Jacobowitz)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:05:26 MET
- Subject: Re: your stabsread patch
But my patch still sets the is_stub flag in this case, as the full physname
(which is output by gcc3) does not match the main_fn_name.
And together with the last gdb_mangle_name patch, check_stub_method will
do the right thing with v3/stabs.
Or am I missing something else ?
> ...is not correct.
> Look at the debug output for a v3/stabs static method. Note that the
> method is in fact stubbed! The physname is all there (which will be
> handled in gdb_mangle_name after your last patch) and the return type
> is there, but the arguments are missing.
> Feel free to argue that this is GCC's bug instead of ours. I think
> both should be fixed.
> [I would have replied, but I have technical difficulties with my mail
> right now.]
> Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
> MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Peter Schauer email@example.com