This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch/rfc] Delete floatformat_arm_ext
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- To: ac131313 at cygnus dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 23:47:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch/rfc] Delete floatformat_arm_ext
- References: <3C7864AB.email@example.com>
> The attached deletes floatformat_arm_ext from include/floatformat.h and
> libiberty/floatformat.c. As far as I know nothing uses it. GDB stopped
> using it some time ago.
In general, I'm opposed to changes that reduce backward compatibility.
*How* long ago did someone actually use it? What's the chance of that
version still being in use by someone? Are there any bad side-effects
if we just leave it in for historical reasons?