This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Infinite loop in make_cv_type
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:45:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: Infinite loop in make_cv_type
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> This makes sense. The 'k' means const. 810 looks to be the number
> for this type, since it's the first argument to operator=. And the
> demangling of the current method says it takes a const ref to its own
> type (thus the ERKS_, if I remember my mangling rules correctly).
> What compiler is this? It doesn't look like GCC; I believe GCC always
> generates type-pairs instead of type-nums. Is this some ARM compiler
> that obeys the v3 ABI?
It's gcc-current as of about 2 days ago. Configured for arm-netbsd
> You might want to grab the entire stab out of the object file with
> objdump -G.
The particular stab line is coming from libstdc++.so.
> A testcase might help me sort through this a little better; I was the
> last person to grub through the cv-type stuff.
I'll see what I can come up with.